The land of the rising sun

Yakushima (Kagoshima pref) 屋久島
Yakushima Island by © Travel Japan.jp by O-JAPAN. co.,ltd. All Rights Reserved

As a child, it never failed to impress me how beautiful animes backgrounds were and  every episode I would wonder "are these places even real?". For some time those backgrounds remained in my mind only as wonderful inventions, but later I learned that some of them exists in real life and they are located in Japan.

Japan is an archipelago of 6852 islands from East Asia and is the destination that I dream I can live in, not only so I can finally see the beautiful places that I've dreamt of, but also so I can learn and understand more about their rich culture that differs in so many aspects from our own.

As I mentioned before, this country has so many places to show and every bit of them describes a different aspect of Japan that composes its traditions and culture.

Hanami in Ueno Park by Frank "Fg2" Gualtieri
One place that I'd love to visit is Yakushima Island in the southern coast of Kyushu, the third main island of the country, which is known for its vast forest that contains Japan's older living trees.

Finally, I'd love to experience the cherry blossom season, so then I can admire the beauty of the flowers which is a tradition called "hanami" that reunites people of all ages under this trees to enjoy a picnic between friends and the loved ones. Certainly, no one would to refuse to admire something as beautiful as the cherry trees, right? 

Comments

Popular Posts